Friday, October 24, 2008

This is turning into less and less a blog about beer, huh. I'm going to have to get back to that one of these days.

Anyway, I've recently completed a screenplay called Noon on Tuesday...its a script that has been in the works for about 12 years. A project that has existed while I've completed other stuff and I've just finally gotten back to it and finished it up.

Without giving too much away, its sort of Life as a House meets Thelma and Louise...if you can imagine that. I know agents hate when writers say stuff like its this meets that...but this a blog, not a query.

However, if you are an agent...or know an agent, drop me a line at jfrank2264@gmail.com and I'll send along a synopsis.

If anyone actually reads this, you know that I am a big fan of a new novelist named D.L. Shiloh and his new novel Pookoo. Anyway, I recently met Mr. Shiloh at a book signing in the Chicago area...mentioned that I thought Pookoo would make an awesome movie. Over a couple beers later that afternoon, he sold me the film rights to Pookoo for two bucks. How cool is that.

So anyway, I'm already in the process of adapting Pookoo...and this is possibly the most fun writing has been for me in a couple of years.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the script. I might even post a scene or two as time allows to give you a bit of a taste.

If you want to check out Pookoo, D.L. Shiloh is giving everyone the chance to read it for free at his website www.dlshiloh.com ...so go download it. Do it NOW.

Ok...I have to run. Next time, I'll have some more beer stuff for you.

Later kids.

josh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home